We are excited that you are considering a year of community, social justice, and simple and sustainable living with Lutheran Volunteer Corps!
LVC Interviewing and Placing Timeline
LVC accepts applications in October for the following year of service, with the first round deadline being January 14, 2013 and round two April 1, 2013 (no fooling!). While there are quality placements in every round, those who apply early will have a greater selection. Please contact the Admissions Director before submitting an application if you miss the deadlines.
- Complete application online by one of the due dates
- LVC staff will review applications and schedule select phone interviews
- If accepted, you will review a list of available LVC placements
- Choose ten placements to interview with; LVC will assign you three out of the ten you chose.
- After the interview, rank the placements according to where your interests/skills best fit (Placements will also be ranking you)
- Using the rankings, LVC staff members match applicants with placements
- Regardless of application date, all volunteers will have orientation at the same time and begin work at the same time in August.
The timeline for each round of the application process is as follows:
Round One - January 14, 2013
- January 14: Applications due online
- February 1-22: Phone interviews with applicants
- February 28: Acceptance notification and list of available placements available online
- March 4: Applicants choose ten placements for potential interviews and submit choices online
- March 11-22: Applicants interview with placements over the phone
- By March 22: Submit rankings online
- April 2: First Round Matching Day! LVC staff match applicants & placements (Based on applicant’s & placement’s ratings)
- April 1: Applications due online
- April 15-29: Phone interviews with applicants
- May 3: Acceptance notification and list of available placements available online
- May 8: Applicants choose ten placements for potential interviews and submit choices online
- May 13-24: Applicants interview with placements over the phone.
- By May 24: Submit rankings online
- May 31: Second Round Matching Day! LVC staff match applicants & placements (Based on applicant’s & placement’s ratings)
LVC welcomes applications from international students who are currently studying in the US. Due to visa extension requirements issued by US State Department and Immigration Services, please contact Joanne Otte, Admissions & Alumni Relations Director, at 773-832-9402 to discuss your application. All international applicants are required to take the necessary steps to secure their visa extension. You may find more information at http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html#15.
LVC also has partnerships with service organizations in Germany and the United Kingdom. If you are a German or British citizen, please contact Joanne Otte at email@example.com to learn more about how to apply to LVC through our partner organizations in these countries.
At this time we are not able to accept applications from foreign nationals who are not currently in the United States on a visa or from applicants other than our partner organizations in Germany and the United Kingdom.